Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Waiting.



If that's true then answer me this. Why are we waiting? Who or what are we waiting for?
Everyday we see her. At the cafe by the bus stop, every morning. A beautiful lady with deep hazel eyes that sparkles, brown hair that shines in the sun, and soft features. She comes in, orders the same drink. sits in the same seat. The booth by the window. She reads a book, passing the time. At exactly 9 o'clock, she looks out the window. Like clock work she starts her ritual. She starts playing with her hands. A knowing smile plays on her lips as she looks out..Looking, searching, waiting. But for what? Or for whom? Poeple say she's been doing this for two years now. That she's keeping a promise. A promise to wait. Some have tried guessing. Lover, husband, best friend, family. Some have tried asking. But all she does is smile and say "someone very dear to me." People have said she's crazy. That she waiting for nothing but air. But I believe her. I believe she waiting for someone. And I wish I could be like her. To have the patience to wait all those years. To sacrifice all that just to keep a promise. One day I'll sit with her. Sit with her, drink coffee, talk and wait with her...Waiting can get lonely sometimes.

2 comments:

~michelle~ said...

ahhhhhh!! I like i like!!! haha...i think its really nice n sensitive yet mysterious as well. gives u de impression of smth sweet n soft...like cotton candy. hahaha...luv de way u wrote it.

Anonymous said...

hey...I like this one and i so know what you mean....omg....I feel like that at time but we all just have to stay positive about everything.....its the law of attraction sweetie....law of attraction!