Saturday, August 18, 2007

Malayalam.

I was planning on staying home yesterday and got ready for a major lazy day which would start once HippieAccountant left for the office. Movie was downloading, I was busy editing myspace in my 'comfort clothes' and I had just washed my hair which was wet and messy but I didn't care. Then this happened:
HippieAccountant: Girl, you wanna come or not? I'm going to visit my cousin.
YoursTruly: Siapa tu?
HippieAccauntant: My cousin la..They actually asked for you. If your coming.
YoursTruly: =__= Can ask some more if I wanna go..They ask sure must go la. If not rude. *stares back at the screen* When we going?
HippieAccoutant: Now.

Honestly, I think if he knew the world was about to end a month before it happens also... He'll probably let me know only a day before.=__=

So we went to Kajang where he got lost. Then when we went there I nicely introduced myself. Padahal they already knew me. Eek! They kept saying that the last time I came I was short and kept running up and down taking pictures of the whole house. All said I was the cutest thing ever. next time sure become real estate agent.*faints* They also said I was very lucky cause I didn't get the 'short' gene from the Fernandez side of the family. *beams with proud-ness* So then had tea, Uncle Christopher asking me what I wanted to do after SPM. Uncle Christopher is HippieAccountant's cousin, so that makes him my second uncle and his son, Andrew was my second cousin. We also met Angela who's from U.K. She's Uncle Christopher's other cousin but not related to us.(confused yet?) After a while I finally had a Eureka moments of sorts cause I finally remembered being in that house during a bbq, I was with Andrew and I DO remember taking pictures of the house! YAY! Uncle Chris then FORCES us to this malayalam(for those of you who don't know, that's the type of Indian I am) show/play/performance thingy..

Alamak. Here is a girl who can't even SPELL malayalam(only reason I can now is cause I checked the spelling from a book) knows how to say 2 words and vaguely understands it. And I'm suppose to go to a full out malayalam performance?? So fine la..have to go right? Andrew couldn't go cause he had church so Angela and I got to know each other and decided to cling to to each other cause she dah la tak tak tau malay, malayalam lagi la! When I saw that it was from 8 till 11 I almost jatuh pengsan.
The Booklet. The event was in celebration of 'Onam' on Monday.

Had dinner where Aunt Doris(Uncle's Christopher's mum) joined us. Sweet old lady. Then was time for the performance. Earphones were on standby just in case. The verdict? Not half bad la.. Traditional malayalam dances and songs. The worst performance was this guy singing who couldn't sing! I mean, he could la..but not in malayalam. It's harder. And he had to act like a big player and there were 3 girls dancing and dancing all shy shy 'aiya..janganlah bang..' kinda mood. Then this old lady came up and gave him a flower which got me thinking "Why didn't anybody give the lady that sang so chunted-ly just now??" Then they said the old lady was his mom. Ha! Figures. And in the beginning during the speeches, they kept saying how sad it was that the youth today cant speak their own mother tongue and blames the parents. I was nicely laughing and pointing at HippieAccountant..Uncle Chris was in the last performance. He had to row a boat. WAkAKAKa! Then went home, got lost..AGAIN. Went God-knows-where to Puchong which I was fimiliar with.. Then reached home around one-ish, called Michelle R and knocked out.

Here's something very random:


'Burnt Butter' A sinful creation by KittyKat's mummy. Yummy!



AND...


HamSapOldMan Acting Cute and Innocent.

(Aren't I just the evil-est? MUAKS!)

2 comments:

Kish said...

Will work for haircut.

Nana A.Rahim said...

hey! my mom's cupcake!
heheh.
yea ur damn rite its yummy. :D