Thursday, December 31, 2009

LONG Overdue.

2009 came and went. It's a brand new day, brand new year. More storms and bright shiny days. to come. And I can't wait.

In rewind:
Thinking back to 2008 and realising how much has happened since then and 2009 is mind blowing. Did all that really happen only within a year?

New weirdo's to call my friends. And reconnecting with old ones.
I've been fortunate enough to meet a plethora of wonderful characters. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that its only been less than a year since I met Tanith. My 1st impression of her wasn't a good one, I thought she didn't much care for me but how did that change. Through this tall, big feet British Malay I got the pleasure of meeting and becoming close friends with Kirstie(Fernando), Rekha, Shoba, and so many more of her random friends. With them I had many late night adventures and found new concert buddies.

2009 also allowed me to meet Amanda Anne Felix, Divanesh Chandra, Preveent and Nadia. We banded together to make Tiki Night and have been friends ever since. I who originally thought Diva and Manda were older than me was surprised to know they were in fact lepas SPM. They make me smile daily and although Diva can be loud and well, Diva-ish at times, his still one of kind. Through this loud bloody Indian and my little bimbo, I met Roshini and Vidya and Suhaib and Sandra. Roshini will never fail to make adorable remarks which never fail to warm you heart. Geourgues Vidya and her smart wit. And because of them I can now proudly say yes, I do have Indian friends! From Klang even! (Doesn't make me any less racist though lol)

I rekindled some flamed friendships and through those I got even more new friends. Jilly. She's matured and changed thank God. Still needs a knock on the head now and again but who doesn't. Through her I met Aaron Jay. Haha, just thinking of him makes me giggle. His pranks, his cheeky glint in his eyes, his straight serious face when telling the most unbelievable of stories and the kinship I feel with him, both of us coming from bizarrely similar family backgrounds.

Amer. My form 3 class mate. Always late, always sleeping, always eating. I was thrown into a class I hated in from 3 and that skinny idiot made it bearable, just by snoring slightly beside me everyday. My English and Science teacher used to call him Sleeping Beauty. If I had finished my English and science work fast I would just do his as well if I was that bored. Our teacher would look, know my handwriting and I'd just say "Miss, even if he was awake he's still copy my work so no difference haha." She's say I have a point and we both would let him continue sleeping.
Atiqah. Met her during basketball and became I became fast friends with this senior of mine as we both came uber early and was my nasi lemak buddy. I haven't seen either of them for almost 2 years and hanging out with them was a WONDERFUL breath of fresh air. The late nights I've been spending with them, the 3 of us making mini adventures of our own in that one month will never be forgotten.

I randomly started a conversation with Caleb Khew one day and we've been friends ever since. With, sarcasm, bloody cheap idiot but is an excellent driver when there's free fast food and awesome possum taste in music. There are still some people who cannot believe I'm somewhat close to him since his such a stonner. What the heck do you guys have in common/what do you guys talk about are the usual questions when I tell them I was watching a movie or had dinner with that unholy bum. He calls me home wrecker/google maps/ googlemapshomewrecker/ love guru and drives me up the wall sometimes, but his lovable in his own annoying way.

Fresh Starts. New Adventures.
Aljer found someone who drives him mad in a good and bad way. He thinks I don't really approve but I do and my concern isn't about Alan's past or indesgrecions; I couldn't be bothered as long as he treats Aljer-kins proper.

Many firsts. I rode on an elephant, fed it, pet a sheep, came face to face with a wild monkey who decided to say hi, started learning to wear makeup, started my long overdue return to Catholic church (I'm still a protestant, but I've always missed the awe and little girl comfort and safety mass used to give me) became more vocal about my political, social, and religious views, all of which have been churning in my head, waiting to come out and be heard.

Survived by myself. Dad went home to Sabah and although I miss him everyday it comforts me to know that his happy and I'm proud of myself for holding down the fort all on my own despite certain unfortunate mishaps.

I got robbed. Came home to a buglar in my house who was more scared than I was. I wasn't scared, I was pissed. I was furious of the idea a random stranger going through my stuff. I thank God I knew self defense, that he didn't take anything, that he didn't have a knife, that he didn't leave any permanant damage; on my home or me.

What I'm most proud of? I've become less tolerant to bullshit. I took actions to get rid of the bad rubbish in my life. I'm tougher but still me. My faith in people not lost, but harder to earn or rather keep. The idea of losing friendships (as precious as it might have been) does not pain me anymore if it is for the best. I go out of my way for people or situations that deserve it. I choose my battles, my comrades, and my choices more wisely now.

Thank you Lord, for bringing the storm. You said I would weather it well, and that I would come out of it strong and renewed and I have. With you beside me to guide me, I am now able to face the next wave. I have truly been blessed within the good and the bad of this year. Thank you for this year Lord, it's been a blast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How are you? your website is cool
Check at that cool emo song:
http://tinyurl.com/8lxnsg