Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Assume Not.

Do not assume to teach me the ways of the world, for I know more of its ways that you assume to. You shall advise, teach, but do not assume you are teaching an insolent child, for that I am not. Do not mistake my anger for a spoilt child's outbreak, for that will only enrage me more, making my loathing grow. My anger should be taken seriously, even though it is unlike yours. I may be fairer in years, but do not shun my experience, the events that have made up my life thus far.
Have you seen what my eyes have seen? Have you heard the sounds I have heard, both beautifully haunting and terrifying? Have you tasted what my lips, my tongue have? The sinfully sweet and horribly bitter? Have your hands touched the skin of the men, women and children I have? Have the same scents I have smelt caressed your nose as well?

I doubt it has, I doubt you know about any of it. The same can be said about myself in your shoes. But I do not assume to know your world, to know more than you. All I ask is for that same respect which I have given you, that of which you have failed to cherish or share.

So I say this. Do not assume you can teach someone about something they already know. Do not assume you know more about the world, for I shall surely rebuke you.




There is not right or wrong in our interpretation of the world and its ways.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow, did you write that? It's ridiculously accurate in regards to how myself, and I'm sure numerous other teenagers feel.

Jinx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ku-ku case said...

Hey thanks! Yea i did, it was to after my best friend and i had a huge fight. He thought he knew better because he was older or wiser or something and didn't take me seriously/talked to me like a child.