Friday, September 3, 2010

My First.

I first had the itch to get one abut 5 years ago. I didn't know much about it at all at the time, except for the hideous misconception that people who had them were 'bad'. I wondered if I was bad too, or weird for wanting one.Then I started pondering of what I should get. I asked my dad's permission. He told me to research and pray before I do something I was going to regret, so I did. I researched and fell in love with the art of tattooing. The history, the cultures, the stories mesmerized me. I couldn't get enough. I knew so much about it, made me want one even more. Till today, I say it was my love of tattoos that made me truly appreciate and fall in love with art. I was never an artsy fartsy person. Perhaps it was just cause I hadn't found that one medium that could truly draw me in. But one day I saw this piece on this guys arm; It was fantastic, colourful with that contradictory element which I love so much. Sadistic yet quirky. I wanted to know where he got the inspiration for such a tattoo, and found out it was actually a painting by an artist. I quickly Google-d this artist, started looking at artist like him.. and the rest I guess you could say was history.

The idea definately evolved over the years. It went from being just one word, to having a script. Went from Kanji to Hebrew to Sanskrit till it finally became Tengwar (elvish)

The word was faith. My faith in my fellow men, which was both my strength and my weakness. My strength because I had faith in people when no one else did. I never judged them. I chose to see the best in them, gave them the benefit of the doubt that many of us never receive. But it was truly my weakness because some would abuse that trust I had in them. Knew I would forgive them; so making the same mistake wasn't an issue cause they knew I'd forgive them. It gets harder and harder to have faith when one keeps abusing it so. My Faith in God, Which was my all. My principals and beliefs and my convictions all revolved around His teachings and I thank Him for that. And that is why I KNOW this was not a mistake. I do not regret it. Not now, not ever. It came out beautifully, more amazing than I imagined.

Thank you Tanith, Kirstie, JonJon, and Honey for being there. It meant alot to me.

Now may I present to you:


FAITH
My Strength, My weakness, My all.
(August 4th 2010)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AIYO! If i knew sooner that you were going to get one I would have at least gave you a CD regarding tattoos. I know you don't mean any harm in getting it in fact it may even be for a good cause. But there is a but.

Don't want to sound like i'm preaching but -

Romans 12:1 : Therefore i urge you brothers, in view of Gods mercy to offer your bodies as living sacrifices HOLY AND PLEASING to God. This is your spiritual act of worship.

1 Corinthians 3:16 : Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's spirit lives in you?

The fact i'm trying to point out to you if that your body is the temple of the holy spirit!!
Body piercing/Tattooing may very well be Destroying God's temple, which is your body.

But I guess whats done is done, do pray for forgiveness! When you do hang out with Michelle perhaps i should lend you that CD about tattoos and tattooing and how it affects you spiritually. ok?

1 John 1:9 : If we confess our sins He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.