Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bliss Coming To An End.

I knew this bliss would not last. It was too good to believe, too many good things happening in one never ending sequence. Call me pessimistic but it's the truth isn't it? Everything is slowly beginning to unravel. The mistake I made was that I dared to hope and wish and want. I got lost in all the the shimmer and warmth of it all that I started floating. It's hard to become grounded once you know what walking on air feels like. Even in the faraway tree, each land was only there for a day, then it moved on. Guess this is where I get off then. I'm watching everything dissolve slowly like it was never there to begin with. What kills is that I have nothing of that bliss hold on to. It's going to turn into a memory, just like all past bliss. I don't want to fall into that spiral again. I refuse to second guess myself, refuse to defend those who don't deserve to be defended. I knew this bliss would not last, but this time I'm gonna make sure it doesn't disappear completely. I'm so familiar with this phase that I can see the warning signs from miles away. I know from here on out it's not going to get any better. But I'm going to grasp for what I can. And for once, I don't regret getting lost in the bliss and I'm going to miss it when its gone.

No wait, I take that back. I'm going to hold on to whatever bliss I have left, then use that as the foundation in building up bliss of my own, a constant stream of it that won't dissolve away over time.


Please Dear Lord, please don't let this be a repeat of last year's Christmas.

No comments: